Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My very first class

“All right, guys. Please come over here to sign your attendance and settle down yourself.”

“The students at the back. Please keep quiet. You are disturbing other students.”

These sentences are the sentences that I have heard from my teachers / lecturers when I was still a students. And right now, these are the sentences that come out from my mouth. =.="

Before I entered to the class, I have heard many comments from other lecturers that, those classes of students are having some problems. They do not actually listen to what lecturers say in the class. And today, I experienced it. However, I would say that, it was still not in that bad situation. They were just talkative, and they were not disturbing the lecturer (It is an indirectly disturbing indeed). XD And, some other students that willing to learn actually helped me to ask the students to keep quiet. At least I was solaced with those students’ action because there were someone that still willing to listen to me. :P

However, the hour allocated to my course are too long. I finished 20 slides in 1 hour but actually there are 2 hours allocated to the lecture classes. =.=" Before I left office, I went to my colleague’s room, and she suggested me to distribute some work to the students while giving the lecture, just in order to utilize the 2 hour lecture.

Yea, that is a good way, and I can think some questions to help the student to understand the concepts. Or it’s possible that I can play a game with them huh. :) All right… just think about it.

That’s all for my first lecture and that was the last class for this week too. I only have one lecture class in one week and this week we do not have tutorial classes. XD

No comments: