Monday, May 17, 2010

Teacher or not?

Today is the first day of a new semester. However, it is not my first day of teaching. My first lecture class will be on Wednesday, which is a 2 hour lecture class. Many people asked me what is my feeling to be a lecturer. Am I nervous? Or am I feeling any excitement? Honestly, nothing much feeling I have in me. Maybe it is because this is not the first time I teach.

I was a temporary teacher before, although it was only a 2-day temporary teacher. Because of certain issue, I did not continue my wish to be a temporary teacher at that time. However, I had the experience in teaching (Yeah… they are not big kids as students I’m going to teach now), and I appreciated those 2 days of teaching life.

There was once I flinched from my dream to be a teacher, especially when I faced those naughty students. They were the last class’s students, who did not even bother what the teachers said. I was frustrated although I just taught them for only 2 days. I asked myself, whether I was suitable to be a teacher? Was that really what I want?

Yes, I told myself, this is what I want, and I believe, I will not regret for what I have chosen. That is just what I want to be. :)

I hope, I could let all students and let them understand that, study is not the most important thing in our life, but it is necessary for us to learn, to study.

No comments: