Thursday, April 22, 2010

TM speech (CC# 2) - Secret

On the past Tuesday, I attended the Seberang Jaya Toastmasters Club meeting with Penquin, as she is looking around to join the Toastmasters Club that is near to her house. It was a good experience to go around outside and join with other people from other clubs. There were a few people from some other clubs that attended the meeting as well.

I realized that, every time when I have something in my mind, and I wish to talk about that, my hands will automatically turn to be very cold, and even shaking. Indeed, I don’t even get up to speak yet!! =.=" And, that is why, I feel that my hands are so heavy to be put up and say I want to have a try on the table topics session. >.<

Anyway, today, I attended another meeting, which was the Dell Penang Toastmasters Club meeting, and I presented my speech for assignment# 2. (Gosh… I have joint for more than half a year, and yet, that was only my 2nd assignment!!) The speech presented is as below. Some of the sentences could be different from what I presented, but the ideas and meanings are still the same. I try to put down here as a record for future reference on what I have presented.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Title: Secret

After I graduated from the university, I bought a car and a house in 3 years time. I’m not proud of what I have achieved, because right now, I’m suffering from the car loan and the home loan. Indeed, those are my goals, my dreams.

Just right after I bought the house, my brother brought me a video clip, which teaches us how to achieve our dreams, how to achieve our goals. All and all, it talks about the law of attraction. It means, whatever we think in our mind, it will create an attraction to the universe, and the universe will arrange the things to be in the situation as what we think in our mind.

After I watched the video clip, I look back at my past, I realized that, the way I used to achieve my dreams, my goals, are the same as what was presented in the video clip. The title of this video clip is “Secret”. I believe, some of you might have read the book, right? So, today, I’m going to share with you the summary that I made after watching the video clip. The 2 main points of the video clip that I captured from the video clip.

First point, is to ask yourself, ask yourself, what you actually really need to have in your life. You can write it down on a piece of paper, write with the sentences in present tense. It means, you need to imagine that you have achieved your dreams. You can imagine the feeling that you have after you have achieved it. Imagine, imagine with the senses of your body. You can feel with your vision, what you can see; your hearing; you can smell it, probably; or the taste; or even the touching. It will increase the passion you have towards your dreams, your goals, and it will motivate you move forward to achieve them.

In addition, if you want to make it to be better, you can try to find the picture that related to your dreams, your goals and cut it down, paste it on some places that visible to you. For example, if I would to buy a 2nd house, I can go and find a picture of the house, which I like the design a lot, cut it down and paste on the wall, or somewhere that visible to me, so that every time, when I pass by the place, I will look at it and imagine that I have got my 2nd house. It will really motivate you to achieve it.

For the 2nd point, is to accept. Accept everything that comes to you, accept it with the positive way, whether it is a good one, or a bad one. If it is a good one, of course, you don’t have any problem to accept it, but how about the bad one? You will have to accept it, and pray for it to get away from you. When you pray, you will need to use the positive words in your prayers. Try not to use the negative words, for example, “no”, “not”, “don’t want”, all these negative words. For example, let’s say, today I have diarrhea, then, tonight, when I go onto the bed, I could pray for it. I could pray that, “Oh, I hope that tomorrow, when I wake up, my stomach will be OK.” Try not to use the negative words, something like “Oh, I hope that tomorrow, when I wake up, I will have no more diarrhea.” Although the meaning of these 2 sentences are more or less the same, but try to think carefully. When you say “I have no more diarrhea”, but it’s possible that you might have some other problems on your stomach. So, not to use the negative words in your prayers.

I have tried to have discussion with my friends, who have read the book “Secret” before, most of them feedback to me that, this Secret is best used when you are finding car park. Anyone of you have tried for this? For those people who have not tried out before, you may go and have a try. It works for me.

To me, I used this secret to achieve 2 dreams: one is to buy a car; 2nd is to buy a house. And now, I use the secret to achieve my 3rd dream, which is to be a lecturer, as I mentioned in my first assignment. I have achieved it!

So, just remember 2 points:
One is to ask yourself, what is the things that you really need to have, imagine it and visualize it.
2nd is to accept all the things that come to you positively.

If I can use this secret to achieve my dream, so you can do it as well!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The time presented was 6 min 33 sec.
The main comment was that, I need to have a stop while I was doing the transition from one point to another. It is to let the audience to have a chance to digest for what I was talking about. :)

Alright, that’s all for tonight. It’s a tiring day, but the meeting was really really fun!!

No comments: