Friday, October 23, 2009

The 2nd meeting in Toastmasters Club :)

Wednesday, I attended the Toastmasters meeting. That was the 2nd meeting that I attended as a Toastmasters member.

Because of the low volume of attendance, which were only 7 members turned up in the meeting, so I was picked to be the time keeper. It was the easiest role during the meeting, where by I just needed to take care of the timing and turn the lights on and off accordingly.

During the table topic session, I was called up to the stage with an easy topic (to me, I felt that it was easy), but I couldn’t really think of what to say within the few seconds. The topic was “Describe your happiest moment during your childhood to the middle age”. Isn’t it an easy topic to you?

However, when I thought of the happiest moment… Did I have the happiest moment? Basically, I had a lot of happy moments, but I couldn’t measure which moments to be considered as the happiest.

Out of a sudden, a person’s image turned up in my mind. Yes, it was he, the guy that sat beside me when I was in kindergarten; the guy that studied in the same secondary school with me; the guy that stayed beside my house for more than 10 years… and he was the guy that I admired for 13 years, but ended up with hatred among my family and his family. That was the end of story between us.

Was that moment the happiest moment to me? I do not think so, but it just appeared in my mind, and so I just took the inspiration to talk about it straight away. Of course, it was a good laugh to the members, because of the silly actions from me to get his attention when I was a little naughty girl.

At the end, I was the only person who exceeded the time given, which was only 2 minutes. I know what was my weakness when I spoke, and I’m trying to change it. I will see how much I could change. ^^

No comments: