Sunday, October 11, 2009

Dreams and targets

How many of your dreams have come true? Or, have you ever try hard to make your dreams come true?

I have a lot of dreams / targets, some of them are right now with me, some of them are yet to be achieved, and some of them were just my dreams flew through my life without my effort to achieve them.

Here are my dreams and targets~~

I wish to be a teacher (yet to be achieved…)
Since my childhood, I wished to be a teacher. When I was in the primary school, the teachers used to pass us a card to let us record down what were our ambitions. From Standard 1 until Standard 6, my first ambition was always to be a teacher. However, from my life experience, I have just been being a temporary teacher for only 2 days before I got into the college life. Will it be continued for the rest of my life? No one knows, and I do not really have the plan for it for now, as I have stepped into the IT field for 3 years. My passion of being a teacher has reduced since I joint the IT field…

I wish to have a car after graduated from university (achieved)
When I was in college and university, most of my classmates and friends drove to the college / university by themselves, either motorcycles, or cars. Those vehicles might not be theirs, but I was really envy with the feeling of having my own vehicle, so that I could go anywhere as I like without depending on other people. Since then, I set my target to have a car after graduated from university, probably in half a year time. (My dad does not allow me to learn driving a motorcycle, so I just have a car license) Yes, after half year of working life, I managed to buy a small local car, by using my own salary. I was really satisfy with the car, because it is all paid by myself. Although it’s a burden for me to pay for the car loan right now, but next year will be the last year of my payment to the loan. And, I will be freed up from the car loan after then. ^^ Will I change to a new car in next 3 years? I guess not, as I plan to have my own saving for a travel after that.

I wish to have a house 2 years after having a car (achieved)
After having a car, my next target was to have a house. I don’t like a big house like bungalow or a semi-detached house. It will scary if the house is too big, which you will not know if there is anyone concealing at any corner of the house. I have my own house now, a double-story terrace house, although it’s not fully paid by me. (Thanks to my parents for supporting me from the back. I really appreciate their great help and efforts…) It becomes another burden to me, as I have to paid the house loan. That will be 28 years to go. :)

I wish to take zither examination (yet to be achieved…) 
I have learnt zither for more 3 years. Yet, I haven’t taken any examination for my zither knowledge. I’m not a professional performance as a zither player, but I wish to know what is the standard of my zither knowledge, what are the aspects that I should improve (yea… I actually know some of the aspects that I should improve, and I’m working on them). I believe it will be satisfaction even if I just got a passing result without excellent performance. It’s all my efforts. :) Yet, I couldn’t join the examination this year, because I’m just too busy with the work (Aha… excuse, excuse!!)

I wish to learn as much hand-made crafts as possible (in progress)
This was also one of my dreams since I was young. Unfortunately, I was such an impatient person. I always planned to do some crafts, but at the end, they were all just planned without execution. All of the projects were on hold, or even were cancelled. :P So, now, I’m planning for all the craft works, and will execute them, no matter how long is the lead time to finish all of the projects. This is my target, target to finish the art works that I have planned. ^^

I wish to utilize my weekends (in progress)
Previously, my weekends were very precious for me to have nice sleep, especially Sunday. However, I still felt tired when I went to work on Monday. Thus, I target to have nice weekends, fill up all the weekend free time with different activities. Nowadays, I go for swimming on Saturday morning most of the time, and go for zither class after that. For Sundays, I spend almost 6 hours for clay class, and for the rest of the time will go for my own hand-made craft works. Projects will keep going on and I will explore with my own ideas for that. :) From there, I will really learn a lot, not only for craft works, but increase my knowledge to different fields, because whenever I want to do an art project, I will definitely need to find the information of the particular project, so that I can make it a success.

I wish to speed up my thinking (in progress)
This is one of the reasons I joint Toastmasters Club. It’s not mainly for career achievement, but it’s more for my personal improvement. Speed up my thinking, will indirectly help me in communication with other people. I’m just such a person that is well-known to be slow in response, my weakness and I’m thinking to improve it. Of course, from various activities during my weekends, I believe I’m able to improve my knowledge and hence help me to relate all the knowledge together and apply in my daily life.

I wish to have a family (yet to be achieved…)
I believe, most of the girls wish to have a family, same for me. I will not put all my effort to work, although I’m forced to, sometimes. Anyway, it’s my dream, to have a stable family, a husband that loves me a lot, a few kids with me. It would be better if I could stop working and stay with my kids all day long. I would love to do so, for my own kids’ good. Of course, the condition is that, I will need to find a rich and hardworking husband. XD

So far, there were only 8 major targets for my life. For sure, I have some small small targets to achieve, but they are all categorized under these 8 major targets. I hope, I can really achieve all of them.

p/s: The 8th target was just added in, which was missed out… haha~ Why? Because it was not in my plan since I was small, and it appears only after I entered university life. :P

Ok, going for a shopping with my younger brother soon. ^^

No comments: