Wednesday, October 07, 2009

A medical science book

In Popular bookstore, I stood for more than one hour, reading only 2 books. Of course, no omission from reading crafting books, which was one of the 2 books I read.

Another one book I read, was regarding health. It is an ancient book named "黄帝内经", which was first edited since the Spring and Autumn period of China (春秋时代), 770 – 476 BC. It is one of the 4 canonical books in medical science, which is still available currently.

That was not the first time I heard about the name of the book. However, when I first heard about it from dad, I thought it was just another book talking about the means of politics. After searching around for the contents of this book, then I found out that I was totally wrong. It’s not related to politics, but related to our health, our daily life. And, it talks about Qi (气) that actually circulating our bodies every minute, every second, but only few of us know about the existing of Qi in our bodies. Also, it explains the relationships of organs in human body by using the 5 phases of Chinese philosophy (五行), which are metal, wood, water, fire, and earth.

Although I was not able to finish reading the book (yea, I know how slow I read…), still, I’m quite interested in it. By reading the book, I knew something new about our bodies, and how an organ’s disabled may impact the other organs.

If I have the chance (of course, if I have the time, and capability), I will read this book. Not to be a Chinese doctor, but just to know my body better, take good care of my body.

Last month, the theme of Toastmaster meeting: Health is Wealth. The chair person asked, between Health and Wealth, which would you choose? Yes, for sure, I chose Health. Without Health, I cannot enjoy my wealth. Health, can never be exchanged by using money. :)

No comments: