Saturday, December 03, 2011

21DJC-Day 14 - What Is Love?

Now it comes Day 14, I have done this journal series for 2 weeks! (In fact, it is more than 2 weeks, as I have skipped 2 days before) Today, the question is: What is love?

What does love mean to me? How do I identify that I’m loved by someone? What is the word that I can use to describe love?

Well, I always stress on “Appreciation”. Appreciate what other people have done to me. When I have the feeling of appreciation towards others, I have the feeling of love from them. It is pretty simple, isn’t it?

Just think about it, let’s say one day, you had everything running so terribly, all the things were messed up. Your work was wrecked out, your plan was ruined, you was escalated to your boss or your director, or even you are fired, retrenched, and you felt so depress about all that. You sat on a chair at the roadside, thinking about what had happened through out the whole day, and you was trying to figure out what had gone wrong. Suddenly, the rain fell down from the sky, even the god was trying to ruin your day. Your feeling went down to the bottom of your heart. And then, a stranger walked nearer and nearer to you. He stood beside you, holding an umbrella on top of your head, and asked you, “Friend, are you ok?”

How would you feel?

Yes, to me, the stranger, even though he was just a stranger to me, he had brightened up my day. He didn’t need to be my friend, didn’t need to do anything, just a question, and he could make me feel that I’m back to live. I would feel appreciate of his greeting, even though it was just a simple question. At least, there was someone out there that concern about me. Wouldn’t you feel warm?

So, just go on, concern about your friends. You might not be able to help out with their problems. But you can still be an audience to them. Show your love to your family members, your friends, your partners, your spouse, or even to a stranger that needs help (Of course, you need to take note if the stranger is suspecious…). Remember, your question of concerning, might turn a person alive again. 微笑

No comments: