Sunday, December 11, 2011

21DJC–Day 20 - What Limiting Beliefs Are You Holding On To?

Today is the second last day of this Daily Journal Challenge program from Personal Excellence. Today’s question is: What is the limitting belief that hold me back from reaching to the next level in my life? (Phew~ a long question!)

With this long question, there is only one word as my answer: Confidence!

Yes, I don’t have confidence enough on myself. Before I’m to do something, I would ask myself: what is I cannot make it? What if something happen in between? What if… Many “what-if” questions would appear in my mind.

I know my appearance is not good enough, that’s why I’m lack of confidence. And that is the reason why, I accepted the challenge from my friend to reduce my weight for 10kg in 6 months. It might be tough for me, as this is my very first attempt to reduce my weight, but I would try my best. 微笑

I know my teaching skill is not good enough, so I try to be creative, inject a few new ideas into my lessons. Some of them failed, while some of them succeeded. From those ideas that failed, I figured out what the students think normally, and I would try to tackle their interests. (Sigh, it seems that it is not easy to be a lecturer. We still need to tackle the students’ interests in order to make it to be a good lesson)

I know my communications skill is not good enough, so I try to learn to communicate by joining Toastmasters Club. However, due to some issues, I decided to leave next year. I would concentrate on my Master course after that. It is not to say that communication skills is no longer important to me, but it is just that I know I cannot handle too many things at once. I would need full concentration in only one thing most of the time in order to come out with a good result. That is one of the reason that I decided to leave.

I know my drawing skill is not good enough, so I decided to start learning drawing myself, by taking note on how people draw and how I draw. I hope that I can enter to the competition one day too!

I know my photography skill is not good enough, so I decided to learn taking photos and edit photos in different styles, but not limit myself to only one style of photo editing. I would let my feeling flows!

All these happened because of lack of confidence in myself. So I started to take corrective actions. I would not let myself hold back with what I have planned and what I wish to achieve so much in my life, before I leave this world.

Go on! I can make it! 微笑

No comments: