Friday, December 02, 2011

Personal Dictionary #1

Today, I decided to start off my personal dictionary by collecting the vocabularies while I’m reading the English posts / novels. I will make sentences with the new vocabularies. I’m to improve my vocabularies. 微笑

1. mediate – (v) 调解,劝说;(adj) 间接的
: I tried my best to mediate the misunderstanding between them, but I failed.

2. trauma – (n) 创伤,伤口
: I always believe that time will reduce the trauma in our heart.

3.heed – (n) 注意力,关怀,注意;(v) 注意,听从
: The incident brought up my heed and so I noticed about his suspecious actions.

4.intimidate – (v) 恐吓
: He intimedated her for not telling her family about what he has done to her.

5. perpetuate – (v) 延续
: The existance of this statue perpetuates the spirit of the great leader!

6. intervention – (n) 干预,加入
: Your intervention will just ruin the whole project.

7. qualm – (n) 疑虑(指对所做的事是否正确的疑虑)
: He has no qualms in crossing the line of labour laws.

8. amiable – (adj) 和蔼可亲的
: You can hardly find amiable students in this class because they are reluctant in getting to know each other.

No comments: