Wednesday, December 07, 2011

21DJC–Day 17 - If The World Came To An End Today, How Would You Feel?

Today’s question is a common question, how would I feel if today is the end of the world? This topic always appears during the Toastmasters meetings, or even when we were writing essay in the secondary schools.

Different age, we have different thinking. If I were in secondary school, I would feel that I have not enough time to enjoy the life, enjoy the world. If I were in college, I would feel that I have not enough time to achieve my dreams, achieve my goals. And now, I’m an adult, and I have nearly achieved all my goals in my life, except for forming a family.

If today is the end of the day, how would I feel? I would say, yes, I’m ready to go, ready to leave this world, ready to survive in other spaces, if there were other spaces after we transform our lives. Since everything is the end, why should I still be persistent with my goals and desires? No matter how, everything is gone, there will be nothing left in this world, in this earth.

Maybe, we would have a different lives in the other world? Or maybe, we would transform to a new type / style of life? I would say, I always appreciate with what I have now, so there’s no regret, nothing left behind that I haven’t made it. So, just appreciate every moment we have, do not waste the time too much on unnecessary thing. Appreciate so that we have no regret! By the time when it comes to the end of the world, we would be able to say, YES, I’M READY!!

On the other hand, to prevent the world to come to an end, just appreciate the earth that we currently have. Do less damage towards it if possible. I’m practicing that as well. Just try my best to protect it (while I’m still turning on my air-condition system, as the weather is really hot nowadays…). I know everything will come to an end one day, but what we can do now is to prolong the life of our mother Earth. So, let’s work it out together. 微笑

No comments: