Thursday, November 24, 2011

21DJC-Day 7 - What is the Most Important Thing You’ve Learned in Life So Far?

Today is the 7th day I started off this Daily Journal Challenge. Time flies, it’s been one week!

I have tried my best to maintain my momentum in writing an English blog post everyday. Today, let’s talk about what is the most important thing I have learned in life so far.

About this question, it always brings me back to year 2001, 10 years ago. That was the year that I suffered the most, and that was the year that I changed the most. I changed from a quiet person to a talkative person; I changed from a passimistic person to an optimistic person; I changed from a guy’s mindset to a girl’s mindset person.

The only one thing I have learned: There is no chance to feel regret in my life, appreciate everything I have!

I was in Diploma that year, my first year in Diploma. I kept on telling myself, I have to change, because I was to prepare myself to get into the society, prepare myself to step into the real world.

And I told myself, I don’t want to leave any regret in my life by the day I leave the world. Whatever happened before, it’s past. I should not keep it in my heart all the way. I should let it go and look at everything that I had have. For those bad happenings, I should take it as a lesson learned, reflect to my present and apply in my life.

Before I decided to change my mindset, I could say that I didn’t really have a good luck.

  1. I knew a new friend, and he passed away.
  2. I wanted a mountain bike, so I requested my dad to buy one for me if I got into the first class, but ended up I went to the second class because of the quota of student numbers in that Malay school.
  3. Some of my friends thought that I was autistic because of my bias thinking towards guys.

Just right after I changed my mindset (I will not mentioned how hard it was, but I have succeeded to go through it), I could feel that I have changed my luck too.

  1. From my DIploma until now, I knew many gentlemen that took good care of me, either in my daily life or my working life. They taught me a lot of knowledge and trained me to be better.
  2. I got the mountain bike now, although it does not really belong to me. In fact, it belongs to my younger brother, but my younger brother does not take bike anymore, so I own it automatically. XD
  3. Now, my friend circle is enlarged, not until the other end of the world, but at least, I have known many people from different states in Malaysia, and even from different countries!

So, I succeeded! I changed! Although even until now, there were times I stay quietly, especially when I’m in a crowd or a group of people, I tend to listen to people more. Until today, I still keep on reminding myself: Appreciate what I have now. Be gratitude towards people who have helped me. Leave no regret!!

My thinking might be extreme, but this is my favourite quote (created by myself… Haha):
Only cowards keep on feeling regret towards their pasts, because regret is useless. You cannot hold back the past, so hold back your present, and make full use of the chances you have!

No comments: