Friday, February 03, 2012

21DFC Day 1 – It All Begins!

For this 21DFC, there is no task given like 21DHL, but only have the progress thread of Celes coming up. Since 21DHL, I joined their runs officially, so the same for this 21DFC.

In today, Day 1’s post, Celes suggested a great website, Walk Jog Run. This website has a google map, where you can create a route from the map, and the website will help you to calculate what is the length of the route. It is used to calculate the distance of our exercising route, together with the speed and how much calories burned. 微笑

Today, as I mentioned in the post of Day 17 of 21DHL, I walked to the shop nearby my house to buy floss as the start of this 21DFC. It took me around 10 minutes to walk to the shop. From there, I walked again from shop to shop for window shopping. By using the Walk Jog Run website, I calculated it as 0.44 miles with speed of 1.6 mph, it burned 31.6 calories.

Over here, I used miles as the unit as I’m lazy to convert it to kilometers (km) again. For those who are interested to know how many km, here is the formula of conversion:

km = mile x 1.609344

In the afternoon, I went for cycling around the playground nearby my house. The distance of one surrounding area of the playground is 0.21 miles. I cycled with speed of 5 mph for 18 rounds, which is total of 3.78 miles and burned 543.6 calories. I’m not persistent to the calories burned for every activities, but since the website provides that information, I just recorded it down.

Yesterday, I went to Popular bookstore and bought a book that teaches us how to do body stretching. Just now, I did some simple stretching for 10 minutes. Before doing the stretching, I did a test stated in the book, and I was shocked that my body age is already 60 years old!! >.< I should start doing more stretching and exercise to prevent my body from getting older and older!!

So, do it now!!

I created a template to record my daily exercise activities through out these 21 days.
Here is the google doc for my daily exercise activities –> 21DFC_DailyExercisie

I hope that I can continue exercising without fail in these 21 days!! 大笑

No comments: