Sunday, January 29, 2012

21DHL-Day 13: Explore Your Relationship With Food

Today is the Day 13 of this challenge, started with the task: explore my relationship with food. This task needs my deep thinking on why do I overeat, or why do I eat even when I’m not feeling hungry.

So, I have to keep on asking myself the question “Why?”. Here I started the questions…

1. I asked myself, when do I overeat usually?
The answer is when I have meals with my family or friends, especially when I have gathering with friends / colleagues.

2. Why do I overeat during those occasions?
Because I see a lot of NICE food on the menu, which I like to eat a lot.

3. Why are those food that I like so much?
Those are meat food. Again, I like chicken and pork a lot. :(

4. Why don't I choose the food with more vegetables?
Honestly, I don't really like to eat vegetables. Or, I should say, I eat only a few types of vegetables. Besides, if I could get food with meat, I would automatically go for it, instead of getting a food with more vegetables.

5. Why do I dislike vegetables?
Simply because of the taste / smell. I don't like the taste of vegetables, such as bell pepper, lady fingers, leek, bean curd stick, mushroom, etc.

6. Why does the taste not good?
It is my personal taste habits...
However, when I think back about the vegetables that I like, there are many types too. I eat cabbages, carrots, long beans, tofu, potatoes, etc. It depends on me, whether I want to eat vegetables or not. When I see the food with chicken / pork, I feel like not missing the chance to eat them. :drool:

Back to the question #4 again, why don't I choose the food with more vegetables?
I feel that it is more worth to have food with meat, in comparable price. =.=" In some restaurants, both food with vegetables and meat are almost the same price, yet food with meat makes me feel full. :mrgreen:

It seems like now come to the problem of worthy in term of money. =.=
All right, I should change my mindset on that... I should throw away the term "money" ($$) in my heart to compare the prices of the food with / without meat. I should think about my health before money.

I have to train myself on that. Eat more vegetables! It is not the problem about those vegetables that I don't like, it is the problem if I'm willing to eat vegetables.

Yeah, keep it in my mind when I'm eating --> Healthy!! Vegetables!!

No comments: