Wednesday, January 18, 2012

21DHL–Day 1: Drink The Right Amount of Water

Yesterday, I started another challenge: 21 Days of Healthy Life. Today, here starts the first task: Drink the right amount of water.

According to the thread, we can roughly calculate the amount of water that needed by our body everyday. There are 2 ways of calculations:

  1. If you calculate your weight in pounds, divide your weight by 2. That is the amount of water (in ounces) needed by your body per day.
  2. If you calculate your weight in kilograms, divide your weight by 30. That is the amount of water (in liters) needed by your body per day.

Then, assume that the fluid contained in the food you take contributes 20% of the water we needed. So you may take the result calculated earlier, multiply it by 80%. That is the water you should take in everyday.

For me, I use the second method. My current weight is 76 kg, so the amount of water needed by my body per day:
76kg / 30 = 2.53 liters of water needed per day

Then, deduct 20% of the fluid contained in the food intake:
2.53 liters * 80% = 2.02 liters of water need to be intake per day

In this case, I'm wondering, should I change my ideal vision to be around 2 liter of water, instead of 3 liter of water per day? In fact, I'm taking more than 2 liter of water everyday. As mentioned in the thread, I usually drink water before I go to bed, after I wake up, before / after my meals and during my working hours.

I started this habit only 3 months ago. Before that, I seldom take water, and I didn't feel thirsty at all. I drank water only when I felt thirsty. I knew it was a bad habit, but I always forgot about drinking water. Now, I put the water bottle in front of me most of the time, either in office, in class, in my room, or anywhere. It is to remind me of drinking water.

I will continue this habit not only in this 21DHL, but the rest of my life. 微笑

No comments: