Saturday, March 10, 2012

21DPC Day 1 – On a Scale of 1-10, How Happy Are You? And Why?

On the 29-February, I started a new challenge from Personal Excellence Website again. It supposes to be started on the 1-March, but I started it slightly earlier since the question has been posted. 大笑The challenge is 21 Daily Positive Challenge (21DPC). Today, suppose to be the the Day 10 of this challenge. Thus, this post is actually a back-dated post. 吐舌笑脸

===================================================================================================

On a Scale of 1-10, How Happy Are You? And Why?
I would give myself a 9/10 as a happy person. Why? I’m happy most of the time because of the love I have from my family and friends, also I have the love from my inner heart too. :)

I can fall asleep easily, and so my friends always say that I don’t have anything to be worried about, that’s why I can fall into sleep so fast, within 5 minutes. XD Yes, I appreciate the time I have. I always tell myself, “Who knows, I might be leaving this world in the next second? So I have to do whatever I like before I leave. I’m going to ensure that I’m enjoying my life as much as possible. ^^

Why Did You Not Give Yourself a 10/10?
I would say, when I’m enjoying my life, I wish to try out new things, new experience. So I always challenge myself, I want to see how far I can go. Sometimes, I ended up giving myself a terrible mood because of my own failure in the challenge.

For example, I know that I’m not good in working with people in a group, but I would like to see if I can go with it, so I took up the president position in a community club. Now, I’m suffered from the president position, especially when I meet people that doesn’t really wish to contribute. :( I feel the pressure, although I’m doing my best to ensure the club is operating well. From there, I learned the pressure, and I learned new things, new experience, and I feel grateful that I have seniors guiding me. That’s the reason that I still feel some happiness with my own decision.

The last task: identify at least one positive things about my day.
Today, I gave a test to my students. I know that my question is not too hard, but the question is not easy though. I felt happy when I see them managed to answer my question. And I heard that they have started to do their assignment question, which is to create a game system. As comparing to the last batch of students, their attitudes are not bad!! At least, they are not doing last minute work. :D

One more thing, a student of mine failed my subject last year. Because of my subject, he was retained one year and couldn’t further his study to a degree course in my college. I can see that his attitude has changed a lot, he is very hardworking this round, and he did the whole assignment question by himself, without grouping with other students. He prompted me a lot of questions about the difficulties he faced while doing his assignment, and he learned to search information online efficiently. Today, he shared with me about his working experience last year before retaking my subject. I could see that he learned a lot from his work. I felt really happy to see him changing so much!

The last thing, after I came back from college, I had dinner and chit chat with my parents. I always appreciate the time chatting with them, knowing what they thought, what they do everyday. Even though they are retired, but their lives are not dull at all. They plant a lot of fruits in the garden, take care of the plants, they hang out for dating :heart: , and they meet up with friends, etc… I’m glad that they are still healthy and happy all the time!

No comments: