Wednesday, March 14, 2012

21DPC Day 13 – What are 3 Good Things about Receiving Criticisms?

What are 3 Good Things about Receiving Criticisms?

When receiving critics, many people tend to give excuses for themselves to prove that the opposite party is wrong about their critics. I have to admit that, sometimes I do the same too espeically towards the person that I don’t like.

However, that is the time that I think back on my relationship with the person. Why do I don’t like the person? Anything bad happened before between us? How can I improve my impression towards the person?

Besides, that is the time for me to reflect back on my work carefully, see if I really did that bad? How can I improve my work? Or, is there any way to enhance the work?

The last part, I should reflect back on my inner heart. I gave the excuses to protect myself. I should stop giving so many excuses for that. I should maintain a positive emotion in my life. I should let myself to be a happy person, instead of getting angry because of the criticisms.

To me, these are the 3 aspects that I should have reflected when I receive criticisms.

Think over the criticisms you received in the past.

The most impressive criticism that I received was from my ex-boss in a conference call last time. In front of many people, my ex-boss said that I was the one that did not follow the process in system issue support. In fact, I was not informed about the issue, so I didn’t know anything about that, until my user told me that the issue was urgent and will be fixed soon. =.="

Identify at least one positive thing about your day.

Today, I managed to practice zither for 2 hours! ^^ Now, I’m preparing for tomorrow’s zither class~

No comments: