Saturday, March 10, 2012

21DPC Day 5 – What Do/Did You Love Most About Your Mom/Dad?

What Do/Did You Love Most About Your Mom/Dad?

What I love most about my parents. I love the way they treat and communicate with each other. As I mentioned in the earlier, my father is always the role model for me. He is a good father, a good husband, and now a good grandfather! My mum, she is always the person whom I can rely on to get some solutions upon my problems.

I have lived for almost 30 years, and I have never seen my parents have quarrel. They have agreed for not quarreling in front of children, don’t drink alcohol in front of children (In fact, my father is a good alcoholic drinker), respect the children. And, they agreed to hold hands whenever they hang out, even if they are angry at each other. So, until now, they are still like sweet couples at home or outside. XD When they have any problem between them, they will sit down and talk calmly about it, find a solution for the problem and go on with the life.

As far as I know, my parents always do as what they say. They say it, he mean it. Once they promise something, they will do it. But, in the other way round, if they don’t agree on something, they will definitely don’t agree with that. They respect us, and we respect them too. :)

Do something nice for your mom/dad today.

Today, I went out to have an evening walk with my mum. And I watched movie together with them at night. This is the normal routine in my family. Most of the time, I have dinner with them, and after having dinner, we chit chat for more than one hour. Just that today, I had some bread before exercising, so I took the dinner later than them.

Identify at least one positive thing about your day.

This morning, when I reached college, my “evil” thought came into my mind. I let my students have an emergency quiz without informing them prior to the class. XD

As my subject is a programming subject, which requires hands-on to do practical questions, I always do this kind of quiz in my classes, just to see how much they coped in the class. Of course, I was kind enough to let them had the open book quiz, and I even let them discuss with their friends. The only rule in the quiz was “Don’t ask me any question on the logic and codes”. Once they ask me any question about those, the whole quiz will turn out to be zero mark for the whole class.

I was not trying to be lazy. In fact, I wanted to see them guiding each other and see if they understand the context correctly. In the end, although there were only 2 students managed to complete the whole answer, but 2 of them were willingly to help out their friends in solving the questions. It was good to see the spirit of cooperation among all of them in fighting with the time to solve the quiz question. :)

For me, I just walked around and give them the overall idea of the question. :P

No comments: