Saturday, March 10, 2012

21DPC Day 3 – What is One Thing That Has Been Frustrating You Lately? How Can You Overcome It?

What is One Thing That Has Been Frustrating You Lately?
Lately, I feel frustrated while I was trying to organize a contest in my club. I’m not the organizing chair, but I was trying to provide guidance to the organizing chair. However, it seems that the organizing chair didn’t really care about it, until last minute, he sent a message to me and said want to postpone to two weeks later. After postponing the contest date, he disappeared again, until 3 days before the new contest date, he contacted me and said that everything was not ready…

Of course, the contest still had to go on. What I could do was to provide whatever materials that he needed and guide him the flow of the contest, because I was the organizing chair before. This round, I’m a contestant, so initially I thought I could fully concentrate on my speech preparation after finish marking the tests given to my students. But ended up, I had to help him out, so I decided to pull myself out from the prepared speech contest, since I had no time in preparation. I joined another contest, which didn’t require any preparation, I just needed to go up on the stage and speak for 2 minutes on the topic given by the contest chair.

Today is the contest date itself. In fact, I just come back from the contest. I would say, no matter how good / bad the contest preparation was, we learned the experience. When I was the organizing chair, I really learned a lot. Now, even though I was not the organizing chair, still, I learned new thing while helping him out. I guess, this can be considered as a positive thing for today. :)

Recently, I read an article: A person was trying to find a sentence that can make a happy person to be down after listening it; and make an frustrated person to be happy after listening it. He kept on finding for the sentence for a very long time… Can you think of any sentence that is so powerful?? :mrgreen:



The sentence is: All these will be gone one day.

If a person is happy with what he has right now, and you tell him: “All these will be gone one day”. The person should feel down after listening to what you said. Whereas if a person is frustrated with the problems around him, and you tell him: “All these will be gone one day”. The person should at least feel released and happier a bit. :)

I didn’t know how powerful of this sentence, until I read the article, then only i realized… yeah, I’m not sure since when, whenever I face any problem, I always tell myself: All these will be gone one day. This is really a powerful sentence that cheer me up. I know that it will be gone one day, so why should I worry so much for it? I just need to do my best, if I cannot make it, I just learn it, take it as an experience. ^^

Now, I feel released after the contest, and again, I tell myself: The contest has finished, it’s gone now. XD

No comments: