Saturday, March 10, 2012

21DPC Day 9 – Who Inspires You? And Why?

Who Inspires You? And Why?

Both my parents always inspire me a lot. My father’s family is a typical old fashion family, which men are free from doing house chores, women do all of them. Men are the person to make all the decision and women don’t have the chance to object. My mum had to work to support the whole family, and after she came back from work, she had to do house chores too. She took care of my grandmother and my father very well. No matter how much my grandmother scolded her, she still stayed strong and I rarely saw her get angry with my grandmother. She didn’t fight back, but just kept quiet. My father is a bad tempered person, my mum can always stand with his temper and calm him down.

My father, he used to be a bad temper, but the way he does things are very systematic and organized. He plans carefully for all the things to be done and he is always an excellent person in my heart. Now, he always try to control his temper, and his temper is getting better and better now. :) Also, my father is a filial person. Although his bad temper does let my grandmother down sometimes, but when he reflects back about his fault, he is always the person to apologize to my grandmother. Whenever he does something, he always thinks of my grandmother in the first place.

Embody the qualities you admire in the person.

I’m raised in a traditional family, so I always follow my mother in doing some house chores. I’m trying to learn cooking although I have no interest in it. My mindset is that: A woman must know how to cook. And I believe that a woman that knows cooking is definitely an advantage to herself.

I changed to be bad temper when I worked in the industrial field, which I fought with people everyday to make things done. Because of that, I felt tired of myself as all the bad moods come in. Now I’m learning to calm down my temper whenever I meet unpleasant incidents. I always reflect back myself every quarter of the year, to see how far I have achieved, and how much I can improve. :)

Identify at least one positive thing about your day.

Today, I asked my students to create a simple game in a web page. I saw them managed to make it and they played the game happily. I hope the same will go to the other class in the coming Monday. :)

During the evening, I went for a walk with my mum, and we met the aunty of the grocery shop. 3 of us walked together and we enjoyed the walk for more than one hour. ^^

No comments: